- 8 Otis Spunkmeyer Iced Lemon Loaf Cakes
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter cut into pieces
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Prepare lemon curd in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Combine yolks, lemon zest, lemon juice and sugar. Whisk to combine.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is thick and coats the back of a spoon. About 5-7 minutes. Allow to cool before using.
- Prepare whipped cream: beat heavy cream and vanilla extract until stiff peaks form.
- Cut lemon loaf cakes into fours.
- Layer bottom of small trifle cup with four pieces of loaf cake. Top with lemon curd. Next add a layer of whipped cream. Repeat with loaf cake, lemon curd and final layer of whipped cream. Reserve a piece of loaf cake at the end to crumble over top. Sprinkle a final touch of ground cardamom over crumbles.